Sunday, September 26, 2010

Hot Pink, Ruffles & Polka Dots





















In my final year of university I lived with the three most amazing girls ever; Michelle, Kristina & Justene. All three of these lovely ladies went on to attend teacher’s college and found amazingly awesome jobs as teachers.

Justene was really brave and moved to Labrador; to pursue her dreams of teaching in her very own classroom. I decided to send her a little good luck care package to help her along her journey. 





















It took me a very long time to decide what to send her. Cupcakes was my initial thought, but something told me they wouldn’t hold up to the long journey. I finally decided to send her a homemade apron, some homemade vegan cookie mix and some wool socks.

In order to make her apron, I used a vintage ‘Simply’ apron pattern that I had picked up from my local Fabricland. It was a fairly simple pattern to follow and only took an afternoon or so to complete.  Overall, I was happy with the way it turned out.




















I wish Justene all the best with her new classroom and Labrador adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment