Monday, June 6, 2011

Cherry Bombs

Vanilla Buttercream topped with Fresh Cherries

May was quite the busy month over here in little miss land. Between birthdays, dreadful apartment searches and a new school placement I just haven’t had much time to blog or bake for that matter.  I apologize for the absence from the blog in recent weeks and promise to post more frequently in the upcoming weeks.  

I recently celebrated my 25th birthday and I wanted to make cupcakes that were delicious but also quick and easy. I came across a recipe for cherry filled cupcakes on Martha Stewart and decided that the recipe would be simple enough to veganize.

Vanilla Cupcake Batter

The Cupcake:
  1. Prepare a batch of your favorite Vegan Vanilla cupcakes
  2. Insert a fresh cherry in the centre and cover with batter
  3. Bake as per your recipe’s instructions

Cherries in the Middle

The Finishing Touches:
  1. Frost cooled cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
  2. Top with a fresh cherry
  3. Enjoy

Vanilla Cupcakes with Cherry filling
and Buttercream Icing topped with a Fresh Cherry

These cupcakes were a huge hit at the party and not a single one was left untouched. A special thanks to my friends and Chris for joining in the festivities and making me feel like the luckiest little miss there ever was. I love you all 

The Finished Product

8 comments:

  1. Ohh cherries are my fav! YUM!

    x
    http://artfashiontwentysomething.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back... I was seriously missing drooling over my computer at these cupcakes- ha! But I totally get it, life was really crazy in May but yay for summer and cherry cupcakes!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cherries! This would make perfect for my bday party!

    Cess O. <3 The Outfit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks perfect! thank you for sharing this with us:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the cherry tucked in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally miss slacking at working enjoying your wonderful creations! 41528

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious!!
    Hope you had a great birthday

    ReplyDelete