Monday, August 16, 2010

Summer Cupcakes

Creamsicle & Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes




















I wanted to make some cupcakes that reminded me of summer days, hanging out and relaxing with my childhood friends.

vanilla orange cupcake, orange pudding filling, 
orange buttercream topped with a candied orange slice





















My best friend's grandma used to always have a box of creamsicles in her freezer that she would hand out on the hottest days of summer.  In memory of the days of playing sharky in her pool and eating popsicles on her back step.  The creamsicle cupcake.


Vanilla cupcake, strawberry purree filling
Strawberry butercream icing & sliced strawberries on top
Summer isn’t complete without strawberries. As a child my parents used to take us to the berry patch to pick bushels and bushels of berries to make jam out of. Often I would sit there and eat more than I put in the baskets.  Behold; the strawberry shortcake cupcake


No comments:

Post a Comment