Friday, August 27, 2010

Beach Cupcakes

Lemon Cupckaes, Raspberry Filling
topped with lemon buttercream frosting




















Today is my boyfriend’s mother’s birthday.  Now anyone who has met Chris’ mom; Marlene will know these two facts:
  • Fact 1: She is obsessed with Florida and her brand new Cape Coral Condo
  • Fact 2: she is obsessed with shoes, especially flip-flops.
Half water- Half beach Cupcake



















In honor of her birthday and the above two facts, I made these beach cupcakes. They were so much fun to make and decorate. Special thanks to Katrina for helping me put these together.

Ocean Cupcake with teddy graham swimming
and shark gummie

Instructions:
Step 1: Bake and frost cupcakes, we used a lemon buttercream but any light or white frosting would work fine
Step 2: Divvy out cupcakes in sections for each area of the beach. Katrina and I decided to make 5 fully sand, 4 half sand and 3 completely water.
Step 3: Cover a plate with graham cracker crumbs and gently dip the top of the cupcake until its appropriately covered. Repeat as necessary until each cupcake is covered with sand (or half covered)
Step 4: Add some blue food coloring to the remaining icing. Cover the remaining cupcakes with blue frosting using a meringue method to add peaks and waves.
Step 5: Add beach umbrellas, teddy grahams, candies and fondant flip-flops to create a beach scene.

Fondant flip-flops



















I used this “How to” link from Sweet Creations for my flip-flops

3 comments:

  1. Emily your creativity blows my mind!! absolutly wonderful! :) ~Tab

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these cupcakes. I'm going to make them for my daughter's birthday party!

    ReplyDelete