|Chocolate Mocha Cupcake with Sprinkles|
I’ve had so many reasons to bake cupcakes lately, some might say… Who needs a reason to bake cupcakes? And I agree that any day can be cupcake day, but some days just deserve buttercream and rich chocolaty cake. Today is one of those days.
|Baked Chocolate Cupcakes with a Hint of Coffee|
For the past month and a half I have been spending my days completing a student placement at a fantastic organization. The clients and staff have been truly amazing and I have definitely gained a wealth of knowledge and insight into the field of Autism. Today was my final day of placement and I wanted to show my appreciation to the staff within the program. Being the 'Little Miss' that I am, I showed this in the form of Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes.
|Frosted with Mocha Buttercream|
Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes are surprisingly easy to make and the end result is a rich delicious taste.
1. Add the ingredients together for your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe. (I of course used VCTOTW)
2. Add 2 tbsp of cold espresso or dark coffee to the batter
3. Bake cupcakes as per your recipe instructions
1. Replace the 'liquid' in your traditional vanilla buttercream recipe with equal parts cold coffee.
2. Blend as per usual
3. Frost your cupcakes once they've cooled and decorate with sprinkles, cocoa and chocolate chips
Voila you have delicious Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes!
|Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes with Sprinkles|
Do you bake cupcakes on ordinary days, or save them for special occasions?