|Chai Latte Cupcakes|
Many of my girlfriends love to treat themselves to a chai latté here and there. It’s definitely a delicious combination of flavors and spices. I first attempted to recreate the chai flavor in cupcake form here. They were full of flavor and adorable looking. Since then they have become a very popular request and I often get questions about how to recreate these. Here is a simple set of instructions on how to recreate this tasty flavor combination yourself.
What you will need
- Ingredients for your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe
- 4 black tea bags
- Cinnamon sticks
- Spices: Cinnamon, Cardamom, Ginger and Cloves
- Measure out the milk for your recipe
- Add to saucepan and heat on medium
- Add four black tea bags and bring to boil
- Let cool for 10 minutes (important step to follow, otherwise you will bake your ingredients before they’re even in the oven)
- Measure again, add additional milk if necessary (it may condense or evaporate slightly)
|Spice filled Cupcakes|
- Add 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp cardamom and ginger, ¼ tsp cloves to your dry ingredients, mix well.
- Mix ingredients together
- Bake as directed by your recipe.
- Dust frosted cupcakes with cinnamon
- Insert cinnamon sticks (on an angle)
A long time friend requested that I recreate these cupcakes for her boyfriend's birthday. I happily obliged. Overall these cupcakes turned out as delicious as I remember.
|The final product|
Do you make old familar favorites when baking? or Are you always looking for a new flavor combination to try?